Our mayor is taking action on Tue 20 June in city council that will effectively turn our city into a real sanctuary city. Please help stop this action.
To City Council: Please Vote No on the Mayor's Sanctuary City Lawsuit Vote. This issue is in your hands. The Mayor has already spoken.
To Volunteers: Take Action. Write the Mayor and your City Council Person.
Make a call to their office. Send them an Email. Join us Tuesday at city Council so you can stand up with us on this issue.
Please take note that our County Chairman is behind us on this issue.
Please reply if you can vote No on this issue. If you are undecided, Please go for a No vote and be in agreement with the majority of Houston voters.
I (Bob Hall pct 43 chairman) support Mike Knox 100% in his effort to stop the Mayor in this horrendous effort that will effect our city for generations to come.
See copy of Email from Mike Knox to me 2017-06-13.
Enclosed in the below attachment
Check the bullet points in Mike's Email.
Memo from Bob Hall
We are a city that is welcome to everyone and there is no doubt about that,
but Immigration reform needs to be done in the right way, the legal way,
and in the right sequential order.
1. Follow the current law
2. Make us secure (build the wall)
3. Streamline Immigration Law
4. Deal with the undocumented foreigners
here illegally in a compassionate way.
To the Mayor:
1. We should not be spending city money on an issue that the majority does not support.
2. We should not be spending money on this kind of issue when our budget is already stressed.
3. Are you planing to pay for this lawsuit yourself Mr Mayor.
4. I think the reason for putting this up for a vote is for us to pay for your lawsuit.
5. Once we are branded as a full fledged sanctuary city, we will loose state funding.
6. Once we are branded as a full fledged sanctuary city, we will loose federal funding.
7. You have no clue how adversely this lawsuit will affect our city and divide us.
8. Let this law play itself out the way it is supposed to play out. All things work for good.
9. Do not interject the City of Houston into the legality of this law.
10. The people who are opposed to SB4 have their own funding and can do just fine without us.
11. Please Mr. Mayor do not interject the City of Houston into this issue.
12. You are also giving a message that Houston is a City that does not want to follow our Laws. You may not be safe here.
Please help us stop this Sanctuary City Lawsuit against SB4 being proposed by our Mayor
Tuesday 20 June 2017
City Council meets at 2pm.
We suggest coming at 12:45pm
The opposition party will be there in force
We do not want them to get all the best seats
I am scheduled to speak on this issue
You can speak on this issue.
Call City Secretary at 832.393.1000 to schedule your spot to speak for 1 to 3 minutes
City Council Location
900 Bagby, Houston Tx 77002
Best Parking Locations
Best place to park:
City Hall Annex
Houston, Texas 77002
There is metered parking behind the building.
- If you are coming from I10 east:
- Exit 45 South.
- Exit McKinney (left exit)
- Make the first left onto Bagby
- Make the first left onto Walker
- There is a ramp immediately on the left. Go down the ramp, and there is parking at the meters in the parking lot. The building in front of the parking lot is City Hall Annex.
- Go inside and through security. You will need a photo ID (driver’s license). Let the security guard know that you are here for Public Session, and they can guide you to the right place,
Next best place to park:
Tranquility Garage (Theater District Garage)
400 Rusk Street
Houston, Texas 77002
It is a short walk from here to City Hall
Third best place to park:
Parking along the street on Walker. It might be difficult to find a spot.
Parking Locations with maps link
Parking map links
Let's turn this into a great day for Houston.
Houston, TX 77002
Google map and directions