What alternate reality do the Democrats live in?
Last week, I could not believe what I was hearing when the Biden administration said that it was actually Republicans who wanted to defund the police, not the Democrats. When Biden’s press secretary was asked specifically what Republican elected official nationally or across the country had called for defunding the police, she could not answer it.
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib this week called for defunding of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as the number of gangs and drug cartels coming across our southern border has dramatically increased since the Democrats took control of our federal government in January.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar said last year, “Not only do we need to disinvest from the police, but we need to completely dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department.”
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said last year, “Defunding police means defund police.”
- Here in our own state, last summer the Austin City Council cut the police department budget by 1/3.
- This year Harris County Judge Lina Hildago and her gang reduced funding for the Harris County Constables by over $10 million.
- Democrat led cities across the country from Portland to New York City have slashed police budgets since last year.
What are the results? Demoralized police and more police officers leaving the police force than ever before. This combined with the Democrat activist judges releasing violent criminals out onto our streets with little or no bail has culminated in the dramatic increase in violent crimes here in Harris County and across the country.
It is time for all of us to speak up and speak loudly, “This has to stop!” Contact Lina’s office and tell her to restore funding for our constables. Contact your state legislators and tell them to vote for the felony bond legislation. Call your Congressional representative and senator to demand increased security at our border. Finally, join the efforts of the Harris County Republican Party to vote Lina and every Democrat up for election in 2022 out of office!
Harris County Republican Party