Energized and Engaged – Harris County Republican Party
Even though the lazy days of summer have hit and people are leaving Houston for the first time in over a year for family vacations, the work of the Harris County Republican Party continues on. Since January 1, volunteers have given thousands of hours to our local party with one goal in mind and that is to win elections!
So, I want to share some of the work of our volunteers:
Local Elections May 1:
- Over 4,000 phone calls made in support of local city council and school board candidates made for the May 1 Election
- Over 45,000 texts made in support of those endorsed candidates
- Over 200 doors knocked during block walking events to Get out the Vote on May 1 and the runoff election and to recruit Precinct Chairs and block captains
- Mailers sent to 4,000 households in Humble ISD race
Results – 75% of our endorsed candidates won
Preparation for 2022 Election:
- Hosted Leadership Institute Candidates’ training for 75 potential candidates with more planned this year
- Filled vacancies in precincts, so for the first time in years we have more precinct chair positions filled vs. empty
- 72 hours spent training new election worker volunteers
- 320 hours spent testifying and advocating by our legislative team at the Texas legislature for priority legislation
- 886 hours spent reviewing voter rolls and investigating election irregularities
- 250 hours recruiting election judges, election workers and poll watchers for 2022
- 469 volunteers have signed up via our website since the first of January
Results – Trained candidates and engaged precinct chairs and volunteers ready for the 2022 Election!
Lastly, our Engagement Team has great plans for expanding the party into the diverse communities that make up Harris County. We hope you’ll consider joining their “Neighbors helping Neighbors” team tonite at a happy hour event supporting black-owned businesses (see event information below) and on Saturday at the Juneteenth Festival in the 5th Ward.
This is just a snapshot of what our volunteers are doing. Our work has just begun.
So, when someone asks you what is going on at the Harris County Republican Party – you can answer, “More than you can imagine.”
Harris County Republican Party